Paisley (Scottish Gaelic: Pàislig) is a town and a former burgh in the west-Central Lowlands of Scotland. It is situated on the northern edge of the Gleniffer Braes, straddling the banks of the River Cart.
A favorite source of news and gossip for the local "Buddies" is the Paisley High Street, which in the 18th centaury comprised of elegant shops such as "Boyd" ( Paisley Shall Manufactures) and "D. Dick" (Pen Corner), outside this there is a woman carrying an umbrella which was introduced to Paisley by a Mr Weir.
To the left of the street leads down to New Street and to the right, leads up to School Wynd and the High Church.
Paisley Coat's Memorial
Built in 1894 to the design of H.J.Blanc, this Church of great presence and drama, terminates the view along the Paisley High Street. In excellent preservation this delightful Victorian vestry has an interior of serious opulence of sculptures in oak, bronze and marble